Picturesque and fascinating neighbourhood.
„Sraigės namai” is situated not only at the sanctuary of the beautiful unspoiled nature, but also in the fascinating neighbourhood. Since it would indeed take much time to see everything around, we advise you to visit at least a few “neighbours”:
- Walking to the Crosses Chapel. The chapel is built in a mysterious place, where, as the legend says, spring water with magical powers used to flow. The chapel churchyard includes a sculpture park and an exciting, mystical place where people used to fix crosses to trees, thus, symbolizing the location of the sacred flowing water and the ancient chapel.
- Veisiejai. This is a cozy settlement, located 18 km away from the „Sraigės namai”, full of interesting and historical places to visit.
- Surrounding lakes. The „Sraigės namai” estate is situated in a laky area - the whole area contains about a hundred of lakes. Dusia and the neighbouring Metelys and Obelija once used to be a single lake of glacial origin; however, they are different today not only for their water clarity but also for the nature around them. Lakeshore forests vary from pine, spruce, and oak forests right up to the „submerged” trees on the shore of the Obelija Lake. This is a bird migration path, so you can see a wide variety of bird species, since they stop here for rest.
- Horse lovers are recommended to visit a stabling of Seirijai, which keeps over 50 sport horses, which you can ride in a closed training ground, a show jumping site, or even ride along a riding track through the Trakas botanical reserve up to the Dusia Lake.
- Gourmets will enjoy cafe „Seira”, famous for its good cuisine. Founded during the period of independence restoration of Lithuania, the cafe is still delighting with its rich range of food. In „Seira”, you can try Lithuanian and European dishes, branded steaks. Bon appetite!
- Market lovers are advised to visit the best flea market in the county, located in the town of Veisiejai, as well as a much smaller market, right next to us, in Seirijai. You can find there not only articles of manufacture, but also delicious local food.